Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloweenish

I've never really been big into Halloween.  But since we've had Paxton I seem to get more excited about celebrating holidays.  Probably something about wanting him to have good memories of his childhood when he's older.  I'm sure we all remember our second Halloween ... right?  No?  Well, whatever.

So I now have this "holiday decorating" bug.  However since I am poor frugal, there's not a lot of excess moolah for splurging on decorations.  So this year I have been resourceful and crafty.  My only "big" purchase was my Halloween countdown that I got from Uppercase Living.


This one's also from Uppercase Living, but it's from last year.

The rest of my fabulous decorations have come from the dollar store

or I made them myself from sheets of craft foam.
Bats and Ghosts (in case you were wondering)
Spiders!!!
I think these ones are my fave!  They look quite real hanging from the lights.

I think our house looks pretty darn spooktacular.  Martha Stewart would probably look down her nose at my creations, but I highly doubt she'll be darkening my doorstep any time soon : )

And I bought our pumpkins today so we can make our jack-o-lanterns next weekend (much better selection when shopping early I found).  Now I just have to decide whether to go "traditional" like we did last year or be adventurous and attempt some difficult super awesome stencil design ... decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very spooktacular if I do say so myself! Kids make Halloween about 1000 times more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, well, look how crafty, schmasty you're getting! Your decorations look great. Watch out, you'll get the quilting bug if you're not careful!!!! Hee, Hee, Hee.
    Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete